Home | Student Membership Eligibility | Student Membership FAQ | PIHRA Cal Poly Pomona | PIHRA Cal State Los Angeles | PIHRA California Lutheran University | PIHRA CSU Dominguez Hills | PIHRA CSU Fullerton | PIHRA CSU Long Beach | PIHRA Loyola Marymount University
Cal Poly Pomona PIHRA
Located 30 miles east of the metropolitan hub of Los Angeles, California State Polytechnic University – Pomona has been ranked as the 33rd best college in the West by U.S. News and World Report. The College of Business Administration (CBA) has also received special recognition by being included in the 2014 edition of “The Best 295 Business Schools” from Princeton Review. The college offers students a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with concentrations in Accounting, International Business, Operations Management, and Human Resources Management, as well as a Master of Business Administration.
Founded in 1994, the Cal Poly Pomona Professionals in Human Resources Association (CPP PIHRA) is a non-profit student organization dedicated to the field of Human Resource Management. We are a SHRM and PIHRA Student Chapter that offers various opportunities for all members to become more educated in Human Resources. Members can participate in the many professional activities we plan every year, including community service outings, socials, fundraisers, seminars, workshops, and presentations.
Our Mission Statement
To prepare students for the advanced business world by providing networking opportunities, leadership development, and resources to develop a better understanding of the human resources field.
1. To provide knowledge and insight into the field of Human Resource Management.
2. To provide networking opportunities with established business professionals among the local community.
3. To provide a pool of human resource management leaders.
4. To provide students with services offered by our affiliated organizations.
5. To serve as a liaison between the chapter's individuals members and its affiliated organizations.
Goals for 2016
- SHRM Superior Merit Chapter 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2016
- Top 10 SHRM Student Chapter 2006, 2007, 2008
- Winners of the Pacific Western Regional SHRM Case Competition 2011, 2016
- UBSS Merit Chapter 2011, 2012
- UBSS Superior Merit Chapter 2012, 2014
- UBSS Platinum Merit Chapter 2013
- To be awarded with the SHRM Superior Merit Award for 2016-2017
- Aim to win the Platinum Merit Award from the College of Business
- Aim to win the Pacific West Regional SHRM Case Competition
Weekly on Tuesday, 12-12:50 PM*
Cal Poly Pomona
3801 West Temple Avenue, Rm 162-1002
Pomona, CA 91768
(*except the 3rd Tuesday of the month)
For more information, contact:
Advisor Dr. Cheryl Wyrick at CRWyrick@csupomona.edu
Co-Advisor Xuguang (Steve) Guo at firstname.lastname@example.org
President Amy Yu Feng Liu at email@example.com
General E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit Cal Poly Pomona PIHRA's website at www.calpolypihra.org!