California HR Conference
The California HR Conference is the largest regional conference for human resources professionals in the United States with close to 3,000 practitioners, presenters, and providers. The objective of the Conference is to provide six tracks of professional development to (California) HR professionals, including Business Acumen & HR Strategy, Employment Law & Legislation, Global HR, Personal & Leadership Development, Talent Acquisition, and Total Rewards.
The California HR Conference will held from August 28-30, 2017 at the Long Beach Convention Center. We do not provide stipends, honorariums or pay travel expenses for out concurrent session speakers.
A Few Tips to Getting Selected as a California HR Conference Speaker
- If you have submitted a proposal in the past, you may be aware that all of our programs require HR re-certification credit for both SHRM and HRCI.
- To access the guidelines to obtain either Business, Global or California credit for your session, please visit pihra.org/speakers
- Proposals that are eligible to receive Business, Global or California Credit will take priority over other proposals.
- Proposals that are original in nature and have not previously been presented at another conference or PIHRA related program will take priority; we do Google you.
- The title of your proposal is the first thing the committee reads when selecting a topic/speaker. Make it interesting and brief.
- YOUR TITLE IS JUST AS IMPORTANT AS YOUR CONTENT. Make sure they are related. Topics that don't match their title will be relegated to the second or third round of the selection process.
- You have 1.25 hours ( 1 hour and 15 minutes) for your presentation. Please ensure your topic can be effectively discussed with enough time for questions within that time frame.
As a reminder, all proposals are reviewed and selected by a committee of volunteer professionals according to the criteria below:
- Originality of content (new and original proposals are prioritized over previously selected for other PIHRA events/CA HR Conference)
- Overall quality of content
- Well-defined focus, clearly listing (minimum of 3) key takeaways
- Practical application of material without promotion/advertising of products/services
- Evaluations at prior speaking engagements (if applicable)
- Ability to deliver an innovative, effective and stimulating presentation
- Handouts are required in addition to your PowerPoint presentation to ensure you tangible/actionable items for the audience.
(Handouts are provided electronically to attendees. PIHRA DOES NOT print handouts. Speaker will be responsible for printing handouts if physical copies are apart of your presentation)
- Eligibility of presentation to be awarded a specialty re-certification credit via HRCI (PIHRA submits to obtain the approval)
Find out more about HRCI and SHRM Certification by clicking photos below
Please Note: The HRCI Guidelines are not current and should be used as a reference. To access the latest guidelines please visit the HRCI Guideline Store
SHRM Recertification Guidelines
General HRCI Guidelines
California Specific HRCI Guidelines
Global Specific HRCI Guidelines
Submissions are no longer begin accepted. Submissions for the 2018 Conference will open in January 2018.
You can stay informed by being a member in our Speaker Group and be the first to receive updates.